Who We Are
FRANK E. MITCHELL
1428-A Cherokee Street
Frank Earl Mitchell, born in Charleston County, South Carolina is President and Owner of Orion Construction Company Inc. and Mitchell Properties and Development. Frank is licensed with South Carolina Residential Home Builder Commission, South Carolina General Contractors Licensing Board, the Real Estate Commission of South Carolina as a Broker In- Charge, and is a U. S. Army Veteran who served during the Vietnam era.
Orion Construction Company Incorporated in 1985 in South Carolina. Is licensed with the South Carolina Contractors Licensing Board with an unlimited classification in Building and Concrete Paving and The Residential Home Builders Commission. Orion Construction Company is also qualified as a General Contractor to perform Highway work with the South Carolina Department of Transportation.
Orion Construction Company, Inc. has all necessary licenses, insurance, bonding capabilities, supporting staff and financial worth to perform a variety of Building Construction projects. This includes Renovation, Remodeling, Additions, Multi- Family and New Construction.
- Federal Government 8a Programs (graduated)
- Hub Zone: U.S. Small Business
- Veteran Owned
- Minority Business Enterprise: Governor Office State of South Carolina;
- South Carolina Department of Transportation.
- Microbial and Lead Paint Supervisor
- Better Business Bureau
- Home Builders Association of Columbia
- National Association of Minority Contractors
Orion Construction Co. Inc., located in Columbia, S.C. Has successfully completing, several projects that were designated for Minority Enterprise Development Firms. Federal and State agencies such as GSA, U.S. Fish and wildlife, Corp of Engineer, Charleston Air Force Base, South Carolina State procurement office, City of Columbia, Richland County School District 1,and Richland County Community Development.
Orion Construction Company, Inc. has successfully completed several open-bid competitive projects. The Largest Contract was $4,584,022.00 at the Charleston Air Base, Charleston, South Carolina. Orion Construction Company, Inc. has also collaborated with Mitchell Properties and Development in providing Investment and speculative Real Estate projects.
Frank Earl Mitchell, born in Charleston County, South Carolina is President and Owner of Orion Construction Company Inc. and Mitchell Properties and Development Since 1985. Licensed with South Carolina Residential Home Builder Commission, South Carolina General Contractors Licensing Board and The Real Estate Commission of South Carolina as a Broker –In- Charge. A U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Veteran.
My education consists of a High School Diploma from Charleston County Public School. A Bachelor of Science degree from Edward Waters College, Jacksonville, Florida. Advance Business Certification from Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, and several courses from Technical and Business Colleges.
My community involvement consists of
- Membership at Bethel AME Church
- Trustee’s Board and Past President of the Men’s Club
- Life member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.
- Past Board member Bethel, Bishop, Chappelle Memorial Apartments
- Past Master of Capital City Lodge # 47 and member of C.C. Johnson Consistory #136 (33rd) PHA
- Past Member of Richland County Building and Housing Appeal Board
- Past Chairman of City of Columbia Housing Board and Appeal
- Past Director of Lake Elizabeth Homeowners Association
- Past President & Founder of South Carolina Minority Contractors Assoc.
- Board Member Home Builders Association of Columbia, South Carolina